8D launches the latest version of SpotcycleTM, the must-have bike-sharing assistant
Montreal, February 25th 2011 – 8D Technologies is proud to announce the launch of its latest version of Spotcycle, the must-have bike-sharing assistant application. Spotcycle is a quick, smart, and essential GPS-enabled smartphone application that helps users maximize their bike-sharing experiences. With just one touch and a quick glance, users can locate and view the statuses of bike stations around them. Spotcycle's newest features for iPhone® and Android® smartphones make it one of the most versatile bike-sharing applications available.
Spotcycle version 2.2 includes a number of improvements including the following:
• Timer and alarm helps keep track of bike rentals. The timer can notify users when the first free 30 minutes of their rentals are about to expire.
• New pie chart icons for bike stations display bike and bike dock availability.
• Users can personalize bike stations using aliases.
Screenshots of new features
Spotcycle supports the following bike-sharing systems on BlackBerry®, iPhone and Android smartphones: BIXI™ (Montreal), Melbourne Bike Share™ (Australia), Capital Bikeshare™ (Washington DC-Arlington VA), Nice Ride Minnesota™ (Minneapolis) and Barclays Cycle HireTM (London, UK). Available in both English and French, the application can also display bike paths for the first three cities listed above.
Spotcycle also lets you:
• Instantly display the status of bike stations: number of bikes and bike docks available.
• Display the time of the last update below the title.
• Automatically identify your position.
• Instantly display a list of the 10 closest stations.
• Display the distances in kilometers or miles.
• Search for stations by name, bike or bike dock availability.
• Create and organize your favorite stations by groups within a certain radius or with a specific address.
• Customize your map views and pins.
Spotcycle lets your legs to the biking and your fingers do the searching!
About 8D Technologies
8D is a world leader in the development of the most advanced, intelligent wireless, Machine-to-Machine (M2M), multi-function point of sale (POS) solutions. Its unique award-winning city parking system (8D APMS™) features 100% solar-powered wireless terminals that can manage both street parking and the emerging municipal bike rental services, from a single network of user-friendly pay stations. It is the same software and hardware technology platform which is at the heart of 8D’s parking solution, that propels the BIXITM bike-sharing solution on three continents, in cities including Montreal (CAN), London (UK), Melbourne (AUS), Washington DC and Minneapolis (USA).
8D’s solution features real time secure wireless payment and remote control as well as management of all terminal functions, from payment to enforcement – and full monitoring of terminals and sensors – in wired and wireless environments. At 8D Technologies, “Terminals are just the beginning...”
514.906.1212 x 338