Quality Assurance Testers
8D Technologies is currently looking for experienced Quality Assurance Testers to fill two permanent positions.
As a member of the Quality Assurance (QA) team, you will be responsible for validating application software for the Solstice multifunctional technological platform, deployed in numerous municipal parking systems as well as bike-sharing systems, and used by clients to remotely monitor and manage on-street systems via a Web-based operator console.
- Perform functional tests, diagnose the causes of software/hardware issues and suggest improvements
- Collaborate with the development, support and production teams
- Contribute in the development of testing procedures for existing and new versions of software and hardware
- Participate in the definition of a global policy for quality assurance for the company
The positions offered are full-time positions (37.5 hours per week). Compensation will be based on the training, skills and experience of the candidate and includes a group insurance plan.
Located just steps away from the Quartier des spectacles, Montreal's world-class entertainment district in its downtown core, 8D Technologies sets itself apart with a dynamic work environment that is casual, friendly and challenging. Our offices are designed as a large and luminous open loft-style workspace with a multitude of windows and greenery, complete with an espresso machine! It's a place where we cultivate team spirit by actively encouraging team members to contribute to the development and success of the company by sharing their creative ideas and experiences.
The ideal candidate
- Is autonomous, creative and takes initiative
- Is methodical, productive and meticulous with details
- Is self-motivated
- Works well in a team environment
- Has an excellent command of written and spoken French
- Has a very good command of English technical writing (asset)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Three to ten years of relevant experience in quality assurance/software testing for Web applications
- Experience in Java and Web service (REST, SOAP) programming
- Experience in testing methodology (Agile and Waterfall testing, test plan development), and software development cycles
- Experience in test automation framework
8D is a world leader in the development of the most advanced, intelligent wireless, Machine-to-Machine (M2M), multi-function point of sale (POS) solutions. 8D's unique green urban transportation management and payment solutions include the award-winning city parking system (8D APMS™). This solution features 100% solar-powered wireless terminals that can manage both street parking and municipal bike-sharing services. It is the same software and hardware technology platform which is at the heart of 8D's parking solution, that propels bike-sharing systems on three continents, in the cities of Montreal, Ottawa-Gatineau, Toronto (CAN), London (UK), Melbourne (AUS), Washington DC-Arlington VA, Minneapolis and Boston (USA).
8D's solution features real time secure wireless payment and remote control as well as management of all terminal functions, from payment to enforcement – and full monitoring of terminals and sensors – in wired and wireless environments. At 8D Technologies, "Terminals are just the beginning..."
Sound interesting? Forward your CV along with a brief statement explaining your interest in the position to job@8D.com.