8D Technologies is looking for two experienced developers to fill permanent positions in the server team.
As a member of the server team, you will have the responsibility to complete the development of new features in the multifunctional platform Solstice. You'll be asked to contribute in various fields such as technology exploration, architecture, implementation, automated testing as well as bug fixing.
The positions offered are full-time positions (37.5 hours per week). Compensation will be based on the training, skills and experience of the candidate and includes a group insurance plan
Located just steps away from the "Quartier des spectacles", Montreal's world-class entertainment district in its downtown core, 8D Technologies sets itself apart with a work environment that is casual, friendly and intense all at once! Our offices are designed as a large and luminous open loft-style workspace with lots of windows and greenery, complete with an espresso machine! It's a place where we cultivate team spirit by encouraging everyone to contribute to the development and success of the company by bringing forth their ideas and experiences. Competence, creativity and agility are just some of the words that are at the heart of the 8D team.
The ideal candidate
- Is looking for a challenge
- Likes to work on various complex projects
- Values work well-done
- Knows how to manage/prioritize their work according to goals
- Likes to explore and work with new technologies
- Enjoys a team-work environment
- Has a very good command of technical English writing
- Has an excellent command of spoken French
- Training in a relevant field (Computer Science / Software)
- Solid knowledge and experience of the Java language (certification level or equivalent)
- Experience with large SQL databases - Asset
- Experience with Hibernate - Asset
- Experience with Web services (SOAP, REST) - Asset
8D Technologies is a world leader in the development of the most advanced, intelligent wireless, Machine-to-Machine (M2M), multi-function point of sale (POS) solutions. Its unique award-winning city parking system (8D APMSTM) features 100% solar-powered wireless terminals that can manage both street parking and the emerging municipal bike rental services, from a single network of user-friendly pay stations. It is the same technology platform software and hardware, which is at the heart of 8D's parking solution, that propels the BIXITM bike-share solution on three continents, in cities including Montreal, Ottawa-Gatineau, Toronto (CAN), London (UK), Melbourne (AUS), Washington DC and Minneapolis (USA).
Sound interesting? Forward your CV along with a brief statement explaining your interest in the position to job@8D.com.