8D Technologies is looking for an experienced developer to fill a permanent position within the team responsible for developing applications for embedded systems.
As a member of the Embedded Systems team, you will be responsible for seeing through the development of new features for 8D's on-street terminals (parking terminals, bike share stations, BIXI among others). You will be expected to work on all phases of software development, as well as in technological research, architecture, installation, automated tests, and resolving issues.
The position offered is full time (37.5 hours per week). Compensation will be based on the training, skills and experience of the candidate and includes a group insurance plan.
Located just steps away from the Quartier des spectacles, Montreal's world-class entertainment district in its downtown core, 8D Technologies sets itself apart with a dynamic work environment that is casual, friendly and challenging. Our offices are designed as a large and luminous open loft-style workspace. It's a place where we cultivate team spirit by actively encouraging team members to contribute to the development and success of the company by sharing their creative ideas and experiences.
The ideal candidate
- Seeks challenges
- Enjoys working on various complex projects
- Knows how to manage/prioritize their work according to goals
- Enjoys researching and working with new technologies
- Is meticulous with his/her work
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Has a very good command of English technical writing
- Has an excellent command of spoken French
- Training in a relevant field (Computer Science / Software)
- Excellent command of the Java language (certification level or equivalent)
- Pronounced interest for user interface development
- Good knowledge of Linux
- Relevant experience in developing for embedded platforms an asset (e.g. ARM)
- Knowledge of OSGI and Eclipse RCP an asset
- Knowledge of the Java GUI library an asset (e.g. SWT, JavaFX, Swing)
The company (www.8d.com)
8D is a world leader in the development of the most advanced, intelligent wireless, Machine-to-Machine (M2M), multi-function point of sale (POS) solutions. 8D's unique green urban transportation management and payment solutions include the award-winning city parking system (8D APMS™). This solution features 100% solar-powered wireless terminals that can manage both street parking and municipal bike-sharing services. It is the same software and hardware technology platform which is at the heart of 8D's parking solution, that propels bike-sharing systems on three continents, in the cities of Montreal, Ottawa-Gatineau, Toronto (CAN), London (UK), Melbourne (AUS), Washington DC-Arlington, Minneapolis and Boston (USA).
8D's solution features real time secure wireless payment and remote control as well as management of all terminal functions, from payment to enforcement – and full monitoring of terminals and sensors – in wired and wireless environments. At 8D Technologies, "Terminals are just the beginning..."
Sound interesting? Forward your CV along with a brief statement explaining your interest in the position to job@8D.com.
If you are a Stack Overflow user or are a member of another network dedicated to programming, you can also forward us your user name and/or let us know of publications or relevant programming research you have produced or helped produced.