Who we are
8D Technologies, a world leader in the development of the most advanced, intelligent wireless multi-function point of solutions, including bike share systems deployed on four continents, is looking for an experienced Java developer to join its embedded systems team.
As part of the Bike Station product team, you will work on the development of the Java application that runs on the ARM/Linux system in the bike station terminals. This application manages the on-street screen, user interface, interaction with many devices (including the bike locking system), and interacts with the back office for payment, monitoring and rental activities.
The position offered is full time (37.5 hours per week). Compensation will be based on the training, skills and experience of the candidate and includes a group insurance plan covered by the employer.
To succeed at this role, you should be comfortable with the following technological ecosystem
- Java development
- Linux and macOS environments
- Embedded hardware products (e.g. ARM, Raspberry Pi)
- Low-power embedded systems with limited memory
- Communication protocols (TCP/IP, Bluetooth LE, RS-232/485, SPI, I2C, and others)
- Native libraries (graphics and other) and JNI
The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications and demonstrates keen interest in facing the following challenges
- Application design and programming using computer science fundamentals (e.g. object-oriented architecture, design patterns, etc.)
- Develop unit and/or integration tests during development
- User interface development
- Program complex applications involving interaction with devices, networking, and security
- Understand and resolve legacy code while demonstrating creative solutions for improvement
- Remotely debug software and hardware integration issues in production environments (on-street).
Experience with the following technologies would be an asset
- Payment systems (e.g. EMV, Contactless payment technology, Paywave, NFC, Apple Pay, payment certifications, cryptography)
- Eclipse RCP/OSGi
In addition to the technological aspects, this position requires
- Conversational French (participation in technical French-language meetings)
- Good communication and interaction skills
- Creativity and passion for technology in general
If you’re qualified, send us your CV at: jobs@8D.com accompanied by a short description of your interest.