WHO WE ARE
Bicycles are over two hundred years old and the advent of bike sharing is now putting bicycles at the helm of urban transportation. At Motivate, we are building the future of bike share. We design our own bicycles, hardware, and every component of our software stack to provide the most fun, healthy, and green mode of transportation for the 21st century.
We have partnerships with Fortune 500 companies and the biggest cities in North America, both of whom believe in our vision and ability to execute. Our revenue, headcount, and number of bikes under management are all increasing rapidly.
Led by a group of seasoned urban visionaries, creative leaders and technology innovators, our mission is to revolutionize the landscape of our cities. In an effort to completely transform the urban experience, Motivate and 8D are leading the way in making cities more accessible, healthier and sustainable. We create safe and dependable systems that help make cities great by connecting individuals to the people and places they love.
ABOUT 8D TECHNOLOGIES
Innovation is our daily bread at 8D.
Based in Montreal, 8D Technologies is a division of Motivate and has been at the forefront of the bike share industry since the launch of our first system: BIXI Montreal. Our solutions have since been deployed all around the world, from New York to London, from Melbourne to Abu Dhabi.
Together with Motivate, we are the global bike share leader and a partner to governments and nonprofits in some of the largest cities in the world. We have unparalleled expertise in building and operating large, complex bike share systems.
At 8D and Motivate, we strive for a dynamic cooperative culture that fosters teamwork, innovation and continuous development to meet the challenges of our organization.
We are proud to offer our dedicated and talented resources a healthy working environment, centered on dialogue and openness. Because we know that our teams are actively involved in the growth of our company and are one of the most important pillars of our organization, we promote work-life balance and strive to ensure that our employees focus on what really matters.
LIFE AT 8D
Our innovations and continuous development are fueled by our dynamic cooperative culture as well as our drive for exceptional results.
The 8D Technologies office is conveniently located in downtown Montreal, Canada, in the heart of the entertainment district. Accessible by bus, metro and train, our offices are centrally located in an historic Montreal building.
Steps away from the Place des Arts and the Golden Square Mile, our headquarters takes advantage of Montreal’s growing bike infrastructure and our facilities are even complemented with a staff bike room.
The document controller manages and oversees the flow of documentation generated throughout the whole life-cycle of products designed and manufactured by the company.
The document controller acts as a gate keeper to safeguard the company’s quality assurance standards through ensuring the end quality and the correct use of documentation, timely distribution of documents and accurate use and maintenance of document registers.
- Classify and file all project and product documentation
- Control document quality and ensure that documentation requirements and standards are met (as defined by the project and specification control teams)
- Track document production through the project/product lifecycle
- Ensure timely delivery of all project documents, manage late deliveries
- Ensure, at the end of each project, the availability of a final complete and validated version of all the project’s documentation
- Prepare documents to be transferred to a centralized archiving system
- Contribute directly to maintenance of a technical knowledge base
- Provide document control support to various engineering and production processes such as change management, quality control and asset management
- Provide document control support to various audit processes
- Apply and maintain document naming conventions and codification systems
- Apply and maintain a filing plan or document reference system
- DCS Information and Library Technologies (or equivalent), Bachelor’s in information and library sciences (or equivalent) or a combination of training and work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience as document controller, document management technician or archivist, in the fields of engineering or manufacturing
- Proficiency in English and French
- Proficient with Adobe CS, MS Office and/or other desktop publishing and office automation software
- Knowledge of DITA-XML standard an asset
- Understanding of technical specifications, drawings and documents;
- Basic understanding of engineering and manufacturing processes
- Basic understanding of relevant norms and standards
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Open to new challenges
- Team player
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Quick learner
- Proven effective time and priority management
- Independant, self-directed, quick-learner
- Excellent conceptualization skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
8D-Motivate is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages the demands of women, minorities, protected veterans and persons with disabilities. 8D-Motivate is a drug-free workplace.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Think you fit that position? Forward us your resume with a brief statement describing your interest at: