POSITION: Embedded systems C/C++ developer
SUPERVISOR: Team lead, embedded systems
Who we are
8D Technologies, a world leader in the development of the most advanced, intelligent wireless intelligent wireless multi-function point of solutions, including bike share systems deployed on four continents, is looking for an experienced developer to join its embedded systems team.
As a member of the Bike Station product team, your work will be central in linking the terminal Java applications with the operating system and to the various devices in the station and back office.
The position offered is full time (37.5 hours per week). Compensation will be based on the training, skills and experience of the candidate and includes a group insurance plan covered by the employer.
To succeed at this role, you should be comfortable with the following technological ecosystem
- C/C++ development
- Linux system and kernel architecture
- Device drivers
- Communication protocols such as TCP/IP, Bluetooth LE, RS-232/485, SPI, I2C, PPP, and more
- Low-power embedded systems with limited memory
- Embedded hardware products (e.g. ARM, Raspberry Pi)
- Native graphics libraries and user interface
The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications and demonstrates keen interest in facing the following challenges
- Broad understanding of cryptography and security
- Creating unit and integration testing infrastructures
- Remotely debugging software and hardware integration issues in production environments (on-street).
- Understand and resolve legacy code while demonstrating creative solutions for improvement
- Java and JNI experience
In addition to the technological aspects, this position requires
- Conversational French (participation in technical French-language meetings)
- Good communication and interaction skills
- Creativity and passion for technology in general
If you’re qualified, send us your CV at: jobs@8D.com accompanied by a short description of your interest.